Re: Fedora and curl-minimal

From: Cristian Rodríguez via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 07:23:56 -0300

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 4:56 AM Daniel Stenberg via curl-library
<curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> In case you missed this idea that popped up in the Fedora project, I wrote up
> my take on it:
>
> https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2022/03/16/fedora-and-curl-minimal/

My two CLP,I have worked on package maintenance for more than a decade
and I am not buying any of the arguments, even if there was any space
or security benefit of defaulting to this type of build, it will only
add hassle and confusion to users, while making the maintainer's at
least equally hard.
openSUSE has libcurl-mini and curl-mini but they are used solely to
shorten full rebuild cycles and are not shipped to users.