Re: Fedora and curl-minimal

From: Zakrzewski, Jakub via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 08:31:48 +0000

> Gentoo's ebuild of curl has more than 30 use flags, where most of them are
> disabled by default. So the curl features are not available to Gentoo users
> until they rebuild curl with the corresponding use flags enabled, and nobody
> freaks out about it.

That's not a good comparison - Gentoo users (like myself) are pretty damn used to
manipulating USE flags. If something doesn't work, it's most probably just a missing flag.
Chek, rebuild, go on with your life. This is simply how the distro works.
From (most) other distributions I really expect default installations that "just work".
And for sure I don't expect having to overwrite one package with another
to get things to work.