Re: Fedora and curl-minimal

From: Kamil Dudka via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:41:44 +0100

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 8:56:54 AM CET Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> In case you missed this idea that popped up in the Fedora project, I wrote
> up my take on it:
>
> https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2022/03/16/fedora-and-curl-minimal/

Hi Daniel,

the Fedora change your blog post refers to is about changing the default for
non-containerized installations of Fedora. The (lib)curl-minimal packages
themselves were already introduced in 2017 and I had a talk about them at
curl-up 2018:

    https://kdudka.fedorapeople.org/curlup18-kdudka.pdf

By the way, I fully agree with your position on the loadable modules. Is the
following TODO item still valid then?

    https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/8204844f

As I understand it, you are not going to work on it yourself but would accept
a patch if someone else (definitely not me) did the work?

Kamil