Re: connectimeout

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 16:30:11 -0500

On 3/4/2022 10:08 AM, vin9999 via curl-library wrote:
> Would like to ask if it is possible to set a different connecttimeout for the proxy connection vs the actual url connection. Would like to distinguish between them, in some way.
>
> Incase of PHP
> CURLOPT_URL
> CURLOPT_PROXY
> CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT -> they seem to share the same value.

There is no specific proxy connect timeout. If curl is tunneling through
the connected-to proxy [1] (CONNECTING => TUNNELING phase) then that is
counted as part of the connect timeout. HTTPS transfer over proxy
implies tunneling, HTTP doesn't. If you need the transfer to timeout
review the documentation for CURLOPT_TIMEOUT [2] to see if it's right
for you.

[1]: https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL.html
[2]: https://curl.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_TIMEOUT.html