Re: IPFS support in Curl

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 17:10:56 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022, Chris Anderson via curl-library wrote:

> Are there any example patches adding support for other protocols which are
> really just wrappers around HTTP? That would help me stick with the coding
> style. Maybe something in an example curl usage repo?

There are no existing protocols supported in libcurl that are just "wrappers
around HTTP". Unless you count HTTPS as a wrapper.

I'm just not getting it. How is it "IPFS" at all if it just wraps HTTP?

Also, why does it need to be in libcurl in the first place if its just
basically a URL rewrite and then everything is HTTPS? Surely that can be done
in the application using libcurl?