RE: CURLMOPT_MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 11:01:10 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 5 Feb 2022, Mellergård, Daniel via curl-library wrote:

> I need to correct myself on this one. We actually place 64 requests
> initially, and I have verified that curl has no particular limit for this
> (if not set).

This is because libcurl will try to fulfill your instructions as fast as
possible so it'll kick off all the 64 ones at once.

If the server supports HTTP/2, setting CURLOPT_PIPEWAIT for these transfers
*could* make them all get done over the same single connection.

Or if each individual transfers is quick, you can "distribute" the start of
those transfers yourself over time and thus drastically reduce the maximum
number of parallel connections needed.