Re: libcurl multi timeout after IP or routing table changes

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:20:40 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2022, Silas via curl-library wrote:

> I'm using multi interface to keep different connections (not more than 3),
> polling it for updates. But, whenever my local IP address change (and also
> the routing table), I keep receiving CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (28), even
> though connection to the rest of the network is fully restablished after IP
> and route changing. Removing it (with curl_multi_remove_handle()) and
> cleaning it up (with curl_easy_cleanup()) is not enough: the only way to
> make it work again is to destroy my multi handler (with
> curl_multi_cleanup()) and creating it again (with curl_multi_init()).

This smells like something is wrongly used from a cache when it shouldn't, but
I can't figure out what.

If you enable CURLOPT_VERBOSE for the attempt after the network change, does
it reveal any details of what exactly it is that fails and thus make libcurl
time out?

> I can provide you with a small C program and a 2 line shell script (to
> change network configuration in a NetBSD or Linux box) to reproduce this
> behaviour, if you want.

Plese do. And tell us what libcurl version you're using for this.