Re:RE: [EXTERNAL] Re:Re: [HELP] What's the underlying connection reusing policy, can it be RR

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 11:46:14 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022, 白水月 wrote:

> What I was doing is to send keepalive requests to the server. I'm just
> wondering if there is a more graceful solution.

TCP keepalive is rarely enough to maintain a connection. It usually also
requires actual TCP traffic to go over it, which in the HTTP/2 case could be
PING frames like with curl_easy_upkeep(). Sometimes it will also require HTTP
requests to prevent the server from killing connections for being idle.

If you're using HTTP/1 you instead can do "no-op" HTTP requests, such as HEAD
or OPTIONS.