Re: CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION issues - warning: curl_easy_setopt expects a curl_write_callback argument

From: Timothe Litt <litt_at_acm.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 07:30:22 -0500

That's right.  You can assign a json_t * to the parameter inside your
function, but you can't change the prototype.

e.g.

static size_t curl_to_jansson_to_version(void *buffer, size_t size,
                                     size_t nmemb, void *outstream) {
   json_t *json = outstream;
}

Some coding standards would suggest/require a cast to json_t on outstream to make it explicit (and compatible with c++).

In any case, don't worry about introducing the extra variable - the compiler will optimize it away (on most architectures).

Glad things worked out.

P.S. "Tim" is fine.

Timothe Litt
ACM Distinguished Engineer