Re: Notable moments in time?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 13:18:02 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> Maybe every time when docs/THANKS increased by X people, where X is 100 or
> 250 or 500 or something.

I did something similar. I've sprinkeled the captions with "XXX contributors"
at suitable moments in time.

A challenge with this work is to have the details spread out in time
appropriately so that they don't appear too crowded or leave extended periods
of "silence" ... so I wrote a script to show the number of days delta between
two captions, then sorted them and iteratively inserted more facts that
shortened the longest gaps. =) It's good to have a massive amount of random
source data to take from, the dashboard: https://curl.se/dashboard.html

The current status is that the longest gap is now only 72 days, with only
three gaps 70 days or longer left:

Top-5 gaps in number of days before the event:

  72 - August 12 2009: 132 command line options
  71 - December 5 2001: curl 7.9.2
  71 - April 2009: added the cmake build
  69 - April 12 2013: curl 7.30.0
  68 - March 22 2012: curl 7.25.0 (release 127)

(currently at 241 captions, I just copied my current list to the wiki page)