Re: curl_global_init and https://curl.se/libcurl/c/simple.html

From: Gavin Henry via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 14:54:04 +0000

Thanks Daniel! This explains a lot in my tests.

After reading the docs more I see:

SYNOPSIS
       #include <curl/curl.h>

       CURL *curl_easy_init( );

DESCRIPTION
       This function must be the first function to call, and it returns a CURL
       easy handle that you must use as input to other functions in the easy
       interface. This call MUST have a corresponding call to
       curl_easy_cleanup(3) when the operation is complete.

       If you did not already call curl_global_init(3), curl_easy_init(3) does
       it automatically. This may be lethal in multi-threaded cases, since
       curl_global_init(3) is not thread-safe, and it may result in resource
       problems because there is no corresponding cleanup.

       You are strongly advised to not allow this automatic behavior, by call‐
       ing curl_global_init(3) yourself properly. See the description in
       libcurl(3) of global environment requirements for details of how to use
       this function.