Our test environment and debuginfod

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:25:23 +0100

I have spend more than one hour today to understand why runtests.pl was
so slow on my system: it took about one minute to complete the first
test, then the next ones were about 4-5 times slower than "before".

The culprit is debuginfod:
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/10/14/introducing-debuginfod-the-elfutils-debuginfo-server.

Among others, valgrind uses it and thus each time it is started, it
tries to download the target modules' debuginfo files if not already
present.

This is automatically enabled if environment variable DEBUGINFOD_URLS
contains one or more server URLs.

Unfortunately, Fedora stupidly started to fill this variable by default
with their own server's URL in the last OS release :-(

The external solution is simple but cumbersome because you have to type
it in for each session: *export DEBUGINFOD_URLS=" !

I wonder if it would be a good idea to disable it automatically in
runtests.pl (unless a possible future command line option prevents it).
We do not really need to slow down tests by default as they already take
a long time to complete.

Thanks in advance for your reactions.

Patrick