LDAP URL with a userinfo part

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 18:28:42 +0100

The standard LDAP URL does not include a userinfo part. If one is given,
curl currently connects and binds using these credentials, but rejects
the request at the "do" phase (openldap parse error).

I think this should be cleaned up. How should curl behave in such a case?

- Reject: before attempting connection.

- Accept: do not fail on the "do" phase.

- Ignore: do not use it for bind but accept its presence in URL.

Thanks for your advice.

Patrick