Re: Results for curl 7.80 with OpenSSL 3.0.0 on i386-minix 3.4.0

From: Nico Sonack via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 22:07:19 +0100

On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 12:50:40 -0800
Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 03:26:48PM +0100, Nico Sonack via
> curl-library wrote:
> > After building a rather recent version of Minix we get :
> >
> > # uname -a
> > Minix minix 3.4.0 Minix 3.4.0 (GENERIC) i386
> > # cc --version
> > clang version 3.6 (branches/release_36 237755)
> > Target: i386-elf32-minix
> > Thread model: posix
> >
> > This compiler is indeed a little old and Minix 3.4.0 is a version
> > that has not been released (yet?).
>
> Is this a regression? Does is work properly under Minix 3.3.0? I note
> that the curl version in the Minix packages is 7.50.3 and was last
> touched over 5 years ago. I assume that version worked fine since
> tests seem to be enabled for it.

I have tried Minix 3.3.0 and the curl version from the pkgsrc seemed a
little broken (as far as I have tested - I don't remember the details).
The goal was to get anything more recent and 7.80 with OpenSSL 3 seemed
like a good choice. However, this particular combination lead to a
complete failure of basic smoke tests on Minix 3.3.0, so I looked at a
3.4.0. In terms of Minix 3.3.0 it is indeed a regression, for 3.4.0 it
seems fine for now.

Nico

--
Sent from triton / FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE