Re: Results for curl 7.80 with OpenSSL 3.0.0 on i386-minix 3.4.0

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 17:22:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2021, Nico Sonack via curl-library wrote:

> I don't know what the return code 28 is, but I suspect it is a timeout
> since it takes quite some time for each of these to fail and leave a
> zombie process behind.

The return codes are documented in the curl man page:

  28 Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached ac‐
     cording to the conditions.

> I am unsure whether any of this is worth looking at, but having curl
> properly working on this platform is definitely a good thing!

I can't judge what's worth what to people, but I can tell you that I'm
personally occupied with other things and will personally not have much time
to dive into working on a niche platform I don't have access to and can't
debug on. Others are free to do what they want!

Also, it is a common pattern that curl still works fine on the platform but
the problem is only in the test suite and making sure that the tests actually
work fine on the platform.

A failed test is not necessarily saying that it doesn't work proper.

> Hints on where to start are appreciated :-)

Pick a failing test case, then run it with more verbose options:

  $ cd tests
  $ ./runtests.pl -d -b 247

... then dig into the details!

But really, debugging without gdb doesn't sound fun...