Re: FTPS session resumption on older curl-Version

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 11:34:54 -0700

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 11:34:00AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2021, Joscha Knobloch via curl-library wrote:
> > How would you go about updating curl to a newer version on CentOS7? Is
> > there a repository that could be added?
>
> I don't know anything about centos and centos repositories, but I know that
> building a modern curl from source is usually possible and a viable
> alternative even on these outdated systems.

Paul Howarth supplies recent curl versions for RHEL that should work on CentOS
systems: https://curl.se/download.html#LinuxFedora But, these replace the
system curl versions which might not play nicely with other programs. But, it
would be easy to try it and see what happens and revert it back if it doesn't
work for you.

Dan