Connection to file server disconnected while file transfer is in progress

From: vaibhav.taksale--- via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 09:49:54 +0000

Hello,
We are using curl options in curl_easy_setopt to connect to one of the file server to transfer file from server to embedded device.
Multi handle is used with CURLMOPT_SOCKETFUNCTION and CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION.

Problem:
Connection to file server disconnected while file transfer is in progress
CURL does not get this disconnection response and will continue to wait for file transfer.
Thus, CURL is not attempting reconnection to resume file transfer.

Steps:
successful connection to file server (filezilla) with valid credentials
File transfer started
possible FTP disconnection and file transfer is aborted.

We have CURLOPT_TIMEOUT set which will wait for 25 minutes for file transfer to complete before another attempt of file transfer could be started.

Would like to understand for approach to keep server connection status checked while file transfer is in progress.
If there is disconnection, curl should inform so that we can proceed to either abort file transfer or make another attempt.

Regards,
Vaibhav