RE: Assistance building curl 7.77.0 with OpenSSL 3.0

From: Randall S. Becker via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 17:03:38 -0400

On August 21, 2021, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Sat, 21 Aug 2021, Randall S. Becker wrote:
>
>> The OpenSSL build is definitely 64 bit - I know because I did the
>> build/install about 2 weeks ago. If I leave off the -Wlp64, the linker
>> complains about mixing 64 (openssl) and 32 models (curl) during the
>> configure phase claiming it can't find openssl.
>
>Using -Wlp64 is a mistake. It would simplify if you dropped all custom flags and then showed us what fails.

Using -Wlp64 triggers a 64-bit build, which is not the default on the platform. OpenSSL is also not in /usr/local/lib, so that
messes things up a bit. However, I will grant that it may be easier to do a 32-bit build so will try that. I will need a 32-bit
build of OpenSSL 3 also, so will report back in a few days once that is installed.

Thanks,
Randall