configure options for various libcurl builds

From: Anmol Mishra via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 17:42:47 +0000

Could there be some guidance about a simple libcurl static build for
a. send email via smtp
and
b. downloading a file from a url

These may be the majority of uses for libcurl.

I tried the various ./configure options for a couple of days - but its not trivial to isolate just these two functions.

As a reference, is it enough to specify -–with-openssl and --enable-file and --enable-smtp ?

Is there a way to disable all the other options if unspecified during configure ?

Thanks