Question on CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWN/UPLOAD when paused/resumed

From: Joshua Harlow via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 15:02:34 -0700

Hi all,

I just wanted to see if I could clarify something (that I think is correct
but just thought I'd ask),

I'm using curl multi transfers and pausing and unpausing single curl
transfers as needed.

I am also looking at CURLINFO_SPEED_UPLOAD and CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWNLOAD when
the single transfers are done; and I am pretty sure that this is the case
but just wanted to double check:

When pausing and resuming I was noticing that CURLINFO_SPEED_UPLOAD and
CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWNLOAD and its counters/timers don't seem to reset (which
may just be how it is) and from looking at the progress.c code I think this
is what is happening. So if a long pause happens, then the speed
counters/timers may not actually take into account the fact that the
transfer was paused for quite some time which then would produce a not
exactly valid upload or download speed.

Is this the expected behavior when pause/resume is used?

Much appreciated,

-josh