Re: Read from specified location

From: Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 17:03:28 +0100

On 02/08/2021 16:01, jeev2000 via curl-library wrote:
> hello,
>
> If accept ranges are not supported, how to seek and start
> a read from specific location.
>
> I am using Read callback usingĀ |CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION. I
> don't see any option to be specified for reading from
> specifed location. Everytime the read starts from the
> beginning.|
>
> thankyou.

Not supported by whom? If you want to specify an
Accept-Range in the HTTP headers, you can simply do that. If
the server doesn't support it, that's odd, and means you'll
need to just ignore the bytes you don't need inside your
CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION. There's no magic here: just literally
do nothing with the bytes.

Cheers