undefined symbol: curl_multi_poll

From: Steve Scott via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 17:14:54 -0400

Hi, first post. I searched the mailing list and couldn't find a solution.

I am trying to install curl with libssh2 enabled. I am following this
tutorial:
Ubuntu: Fix Protocol "sftp" not supported or disabled in libcurl « Yousof
Kamal (ykamal.com)
<https://ykamal.com/ubuntu-fix-protocol-sftp-not-supported-or-disabled-in-libcurl/?unapproved=56&moderation-hash=29703b7813a9a117d208bc130c4d2066#comment-56>

I used the following command to configure:
``` ./configure --with-libssh2=/usr/local --with-secure-transport ```
When I type curl -V it throws the error
"/usr/local/bin/curl: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/bin/curl: undefined
symbol: curl_multi_poll"
. I also renamed the old curl like this: mv /usr/bin/curl
/usr/bin/curl_old.

What is wrong? Is there a version mismatch? I am installing libssh2-1.9.0
and curl-7.77.0