Re: Feature request: new callback to report http chunks boundaries

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:18:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021, Daniel F via curl-library wrote:

> I think of two possible callbacks: one called before first part of a chunk
> is delivered to the app (it may have chunk size as a param), and another
> called after last part of chunk is delivered to the app. Any of them would
> be fine for me.

I think that would encourage really bad applications.

1. The server is not obliged to provide chunks in the response just because it
did it once or usually does it. You cannot rely on them.

2. If you access the resource over a HTTP proxy it may *change* the chunks
mid-stream.

3. If you get the data over HTTP/2 or HTTP/3, chunked encoding doesn't
exist...