Re: libcurl hangs in curl_multi_cleanup

From: FirefoxOS via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 20:46:23 +0200

Dnia 2021-06-10, o godz. 17:48:26
Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> napisaƂ(a):

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021, Firefox OS wrote:
>
> > The story is the same as 2 years ago
>
> You perceive it as the same, I do not. The previous issue was
> reproduced with and then verified with test 660 and that test case
> still runs fine today.

Hello,

Can you help me understand what does test660 actually check?
Do I understand correctly that it executes libtest/lib597.c?
Does it check if the cleanup sequence documented at
https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_multi_cleanup.html hangs inside
curl_multi_cleanup hangs?
Or does it rather check only if the "connect only" phase occurs quickly,
and then cleans up everything using "undocumented cleanup sequence"?

The issue is easily reproducible using curl_imap_teardown_issue.c from
https://curl.se/mail/lib-2019-04/0052.html with
libcurl-7.76.1-4.fc34.x86_64, and also with current git version
(80e1054fe5179c55104446a979369cdb3aceafc6) configured like this:
./configure --enable-debug --enable-imap --with-openssl
I'm using URL imaps://poczta.interia.pl and the same account I'm mailing
this from (the connection succeeds and idle mode is entered
properly).

Under gdb I see that curl_multi_cleanup() tries to disconnect
some strange connection from connection cache having connect_only=0, so
dead_connection=false and the fix mentioned earlier (Curl_disconnect: treat
all CONNECT_ONLY connections as "dead") doesn't take effect.

Thanks for help.

Best regards