libcurl options for --create-dirs -O --output-dir

From: Anmol Mishra via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:24:57 +0000

Daniel posted about the --output-dir option in curl 7.73 - https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2020/09/10/store-the-curl-output-over-there/

However, I cannot see the equivalent options inside libcurl. Is the --output-dir option only available in the curl CLI ?
[https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/baskets-2028298_1280-672x372.jpg1zB]<https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2020/09/10/store-the-curl-output-over-there/>
store the curl output over there | daniel.haxx.se<https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2020/09/10/store-the-curl-output-over-there/>
tldr: --output-dir [directory] comes in curl 7.73.0 The curl options to store the contents of a URL into a local file, -o (--output) and -O (--remote-name) were part of curl 4.0, the first ever release, already in March 1998. Even though we often get to hear from users that they can’t remember which of the letter O’s to use, they’ve worked exactly the same for over twenty years.
daniel.haxx.se