Re: libcurl with custom malloc and SSL

From: Ville Likitalo via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 09:50:03 +0300

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 11:35:19AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2021, Ville Likitalo via curl-library wrote:
>
> > The only interesting bit in the stack trace is that the pointer
> > which gets passed to libc free(void*) is one that has been
> > allocated with the private malloc libcurl has been set up with.
> >
> > Now, I could not quickly find any existing open or closed bug
> > that would describe this but would this already be fixed in the
> > later versions?
>
> Without debug symbols nor any way to reproduce this problem, I don't think
> we can tell for sure what the problem is or if it has been fixed already.

        Hi,

        I invested some time into building a test application for easier
        debugging with all debug symbols. And managed to prove that the
        code works, but reproduced the issue a bit later by a chance and
        it was a build/linking related one instead.

        - Ville Likitalo
--
	"Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change."
	[liki_at_iki.fi][+358-50-386 6269]