Re: Valgrind Suppress error, in test cases. Warning on new testcases.

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 16:15:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 May 2021, Gealber Morales via curl-library wrote:

> Here I attached the file *valgrind1196 *which correspond to this test case.
> I think the problem is with the *Curl_rand_hex *function, that Valgrind
> goes crazy with it.
> Maybe I'm not doing it correctly, so any correction is good to know. The
> files *valgrind.pm <http://valgrind.pm> *and *valgrind.supp*, are in the
> *tests* folder.

That looks like a set of false positives in OpenSSL. We don't see those in the
CI and I don't see them in my dev machines.

It looks like errors we should suppress in Valgrind.

> When I add new test cases, for example *test3018*, I'm getting this warning:
> *Warning: test3018 not present in tests/data/Makefile.inc*
> I checked this file *tests/data/Makefile.inc* is true that the test is not
> present in the list of tests, but should I just add it to the list?

Yes. That's the canonical list of all test cases we have so you should add
your new test files in that list.

> I did it but that doesn't seems to be the solution.

You need to rerun autoreconf again so that tests/Makefile gets regenenerated
and then it detects the file correctly.