Re: libcurl LDAP in asyncmod

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 00:44:12 +0200

On 5/1/21 10:15 PM, Fulup Ar Foll wrote:

> _at_patrick:  retrieving connection code with LDAP works in both
> synchronous and asynchronous mode and not only in HTTP,TFTP,...

There are two things:

- the curl result code of type CURLcode: this one is always available as
this is the value returned by most functions in the API. It is generated
by curl and never transmitted across a connection.

- The protocol returned code: this code is protocol-dependent and sent
by the server within a response. You can get it with
curl_easy_getinfo(handle, CURLINFO_RESPONSE_CODE, &code). It has no
direct relationship with the curl result code.

Your initial question seemed to be about the second, that's why I
pointed you on its unavailablity for the LDAP protocol.