actively selecting TLS backend?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 09:41:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

In a fresh PR I just posted, I want to change our configure script to stop
selecting TLS backend(s) by default and instead "force" the user to make the
decision: this makes all TLS backends "equal" in the eyes of the configure
script and we don't give preference to anyone in particular.

The downside is possibly that if you don't select one, configure doesn't pick
one for you and will instead show an error message - unless you explicitly ask
to build completely without TLS support. The upside is then of course that
there's no surprise to the user what configure will try to use.

As this is a rather big change in approach, I'm keen on hearing what others
think.

The PR: https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/6897