Re: RELEASE: curl 7.75.0

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 12:50:37 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021, Dennis Clarke via curl-library wrote:

> TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 1188

We've updated test 1188 since to make it more reliable in more surroundings. I
think it is likely to have fixed the issue for you as well.

> Also, I did see strange optimization flags inserted into the Makefile(s) and
> I was able to catch that and edit all the tree Makefile(s) to remove a
> strange -xO2 which I did not want.

That's done by the CURL_CHECK_COMPILER_SUNPRO_C macro we have in
m4/curl-compilers.m4

Are those flags wrong?

> That may be an issue wherein I need to use autotools to recreate the
> Makefile.am input. Regardless my CFLAGS were not respected.

In what way was it not respected? Did you pass in options that didn't
"survive" through?

> Keep curl awesome!

Thanks for helping out with feedback on some of the more rarely used
platforms!