Re: Forcing curl_multi_perform() to return regularly

From: m brandenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 02:38:28 +0000 ()

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021, Andreas Falkenhahn via curl-library wrote:

> On 17.01.2021 at 22:55 Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:
>>
>> Don't wait in the callback.
>
> Easier said than done. I'm still supporting very old systems (AmigaOS)
> where writing to hard disk can take much longer than it takes for new
> data to come in from the sockets.

I have no skin in this game but here's an idea anyway. Perhaps
the concept desired is 'dwell time' in the curl_multi_perform()
call. A (very) soft realtime idea where after completing any
significant work, the time passed since entry to the call is
compared against the value and if exceeded, the call returns a
suitable status. If 0, current/default behavior is the result.
Fast callbacks are the responsibility of host OS and application.

Monty Brandenberg