Re: Forcing curl_multi_perform() to return regularly

From: Andreas Falkenhahn via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 17:41:45 +0100

On 17.01.2021 at 22:55 Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

> Don't wait in the callback.

Easier said than done. I'm still supporting very old systems (AmigaOS) where writing to
hard disk can take much longer than it takes for new data to come in from the sockets.
Thus, with the current implementation curl_multi_perform() will loop 100 times before
finally returning control to the user. On vintage systems like 68k AmigaOS this can
take ages before control is returned so the current implementation is not very convenient
for my specific purpose. IMHO there should be an option to force it to return in
user-defined specific intervals, like every second or so...

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andreas_at_falkenhahn.com