Re: Forcing curl_multi_perform() to return regularly

From: Andreas Falkenhahn via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:16:44 +0100

On 15.01.2021 at 16:59 Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Using what version? There's a maxloops counter in the
> transfer.c:readwrite_data() function that's meant to prevent the function from
> getting stuck "forever".

BTW, I think a new CURLOPT would be nice here that allows the user to set a timeout value because the hard-coded value of 100 iterations can almost mean "forever" in case the write function won't return until new data is available. It would be much more convenient if it was possible to specify a timeout value after which curl_multi_perform() should return. The hard-coded 100 could still be kept as some sort of default which is used in case no timeout has been set by the user...

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andreas_at_falkenhahn.com