Re: Patches to make testing external proxies more convenient

From: Fabian Keil via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:36:59 +0100

Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de> wrote on 2014-10-03:

> I'd really like to get the patches (or variations thereof) into the next
> curl release.

That ship sailed a couple of years ago but luckily
there's always another curl release.

Here's an updated set of patches:
https://www.fabiankeil.de/sourcecode/curl-test-suite-improvements-2021-01-11.diff
(SHA256 (curl-test-suite-improvements-2021-01-11.diff) =
c538a30d1dddb76aa9d2f30350ae831bd33181bf2a627ea37f723c6f945780ed)

The patch set contains CRs and thus has to be
applied with "git am --keep-cr".

The patches make it possible to use 389 of curl's HTTP
tests with Privoxy as proxy. Additionally I wrote a couple
of Privoxy-specific tests and intend to ship them with
future Privoxy releases.

Patches 01 to 16 adjust the test data to prevent the tests
from failing when run through a HTTP proxy or add keywords
so the tests can be automatically skipped.

Patches 17 to 25 adjust runtests.pl itself and allow to
conveniently use a HTTP proxy.

Patch 26 adds a %TESTNUMBER variable which seems convenient
even if no proxy is being used.

Patch 27 isn't mission critical but once helped debugging
and was in the same branch ...

Fabian