Re: cacerts download is a bit sideways on Ubuntu

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 08:57:13 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> When I visit cURL's site in a browser, the CA used is Let's Encrypt
> (and not GlobalSign).

Not curl.haxx.se, obviously. But yes curl.se is. As I mentioned.

> I can give you remote access if you are interested in duplicating it.

Why is this problem our issue to begin with? We have curl.haxx.se's cert
signed by a CA that is widely used and accepted by browsers and numerous
operating systems. The cert is used by Fastly that is our CDN so I really
couldn't change that even if I wanted.

And again: that's not our website host name anymore so even if it were our
problem, the best fix for you is to move on to our current website and not get
stuck on problems with the one we've left behind.

To me, this seems to be an issue for Ubuntu 20.04 maintainers of their ca
store.