Re: cacerts download is a bit sideways on Ubuntu

From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 02:48:47 -0500

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 2:35 AM Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021, Jeffrey Walton via curl-library wrote:
>
> > $ lsb_release -a
> > Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> > Release: 20.04
> > Codename: focal
> >
> > $ command -v wget
> > /usr/bin/wget
> >
> > $ wget -O cacert.pem 'https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem'
> > Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
>
> The cert is used by Fastly for a vast amount of servers so you'll likely to
> have widespread issues when it doesn't work.

When I visit cURL's site in a browser, the CA used is Let's Encrypt
(and not GlobalSign).

> Finally: that URL is the old one anyway, get the bundle from the current URL
> and you'll see that it is signed by anoter cert: https://curl.se/ca/cacert.pem

OK, thanks. This did not help.

> I tested the same on Ubuntu 18.04 with the shipped curl version there and it
> works fine.

Yeah, I updated from 18.04 to 20.04 last week. 18.04 did not have
troubles. I think today is the first time I ran the script under
20.02.

I can give you remote access if you are interested in duplicating it.
I need your authorized_keys.

Jeff