Re: Hyper as a HTTP backend

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 13:45:27 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:

> I've taken on a project to make curl able to use Hyper as an optional HTTP
> backend in curl. Hyper is a HTTP library written in Rust.

... and today I merged the first 10 commits into master that now enables such
a build.

There's a doc/HYPER.md file in the source tree describing how to build curl to
use it and there's a wiki page with more status information over at
https://github.com/curl/curl/wiki/Hyper

The idea is that this merge should not affect the default build but there
might be some minor bumps in the road that I will do my best to fix asap.

The Hyper integration is not complete yet and many tests still fail in that
build, but I hope to make much smaller changes going forward from here.