Re: libcurl read-llike interface.

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 23:17:36 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 13 Dec 2020, XSLT2.0 via curl-library wrote:

> I saw on the 2020 poll an item about adding to libcurl a "read-like
> interface" (instead of callbacks).
>
> I didn't find any detail on that feature.

Well, it was a question in a poll about it. It doesn't have to mean that it
actually exists...

But you can find an almost complete implementation of it in the fcurl
repository, which is a small layer of code on top of libcurl to offer a whole
set of fread()/fwrite() style functions:

   https://github.com/curl/fcurl

It has been untouched for years since nobody seems to use it, we don't get any
feedback and nobody writes any pull requests for it. I've taken that as a
pretty strong sign that this is not an API many users are interested in.

> -2) A step towards zero-copy libcurl (a topic much discussed!)

I don't think it will help with that...