Re: Curl_easy_perform() failed: couldn’t connect to server

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 23:14:16 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020, Vijay Rakesh Munganda via curl-library wrote:

> I'm getting started on curl by doing HTTPS POST using libcurl with CA
> certificate, but I got an error as "curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't
> connect to server". The same code works on a Linux PC but not on my embedded
> linux device, I can't understand what I'm missing. I have an active internet
> connection without any firewall. Command line curl also gives same error to
> any URL. Kindly please give any suggestions.

That error means that libcurl failed to establish a TCP connection. Why
exactly it failed is hard for us to say...

Enable version and verify that it tried the right IP address and port number.
Then make sure that that particular IP and port is reachable from that
machine with something else, perhaps with the curl command line tool or telnet
or something.