Epoll performance issues.

From: James Read via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 20:16:44 +0000

Hi,

I have attempted to make two minimal codes that demonstrate my problem.

The first can be downloaded from https://github.com/JamesRead5737/fast
It basically recursively downloads http://www.google.com,
http://www.yahoo.com and http://www.bing.com
I am able to achieve download speeds of up to 7Gbps with this simple program

The second can be downloaded from https://github.com/JamesRead5737/slow
The program extends the first program with an asynchronous DNS component
and instead of recursively downloading the same URLs over and over again
downloads from a list of URLs provided in the http001 file. Full
instructions are in the README. What's troubling me is that this second
version of the program only achieves average download speed of 16Mbps.

I have no idea why this is happening. Shouldn't the second program run just
as fast as the first?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?