Re: Building cURL for Apple Silicon

From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 12:03:04 -0500

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:40 AM Taw via curl-library
<curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Christian and Jeffrey,
>
> _at_Christian
> Please note that your flag "-mmacosx-version-min=11.0" is incompatible with Apple Silicon, on most libraries I get a warning, because Apple Silicon works only >=12.0. You can put "12.0" there or remove it completely.

There's three other things I do when building cURL.

First, I use a config option of --with-ca-bundle=X. Since your app
runs in a walled garden, I don't know what X should be.

You can get the CA bundle from Chrome or Mozilla. They are different
bundles. Here are the commands:

  Chrome:
    curl -L -o cacert.pem --silent https://pki.goog/roots.pem
  Mozilla:
    curl -L -o cacert.pem --silent https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem

Your installer should copy cacert.pem to the location specified by
--with-ca-bundle.

Second, I disable EGD when running config. An EGD dependency can
create runtime link problems. So the configure invocation looks like:

    ./configure <other options> ac_cv_func_RAND_egd=no

Third, I disable SSLv2. So the configure invocation looks like:

    ./configure <other options> ac_cv_func_SSLv2_client_method=no

There are no configure options for (2) and (3), so you have to disable
them using the Autoconf variables.

Jeff