Error with pycurl when sending a request (1010)

From: Francesco Sgarlata via curl-and-python <curl-and-python_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 10:56:12 +0200

I would like to use pycurl to send requests to the FTX Exchange. I have
tried with

import pycurl
import certifi
from io import BytesIO
buffer = BytesIO()
c = pycurl.Curl()
c.setopt(c.URL, 'https://ftx.com/api')
c.setopt(c.WRITEDATA, buffer)
c.setopt(c.CAINFO, certifi.where())
c.perform()
c.close()
body = buffer.getvalue()
print(body.decode('iso-8859-1'))

but I get an error

error code: 1010

Does anyone know where this error is coming from? I guess it has to do with
the certificate bundle that I set with c.setopt(c.CAINFO, certifi.where())

Any advice about how to make pycurl work with FTX?

Thanks,