Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: 403 Forbidden Error

From: Ralph M via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 19:34:33 -0400

On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 6:15 PM Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <
curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 May 2024, Geoff Sindel via curl-users wrote:
>
> > You are getting a 403. That is, you are not allowed to access that
> resource.
> >
> > Are you supplying any value for Authorization in the headers?
>
> Missing or wrong authorization gives you a 401.

Going to that URL with a browser, I get this:

      403
     Forbidden
     Access to this resource on the server is denied!

There's probably a cookie and/or login information missing when just trying
to pull the file. I had a similar problem once with a server that wanted
me to collect a frames page first, followed by frame contents in a specific
order, because each frame section returned a specific cookie. It wouldn't
just let me collect the main frame, I had to get headers and sidebar first.

OP will probably need to start at the main page and craft a script to drill
down to the images in the same manner as doing it via a browser.

Ralph Mitchell