Re: Suggestion for minor change in Everything.Curl.Dev documentation

From: Gisle Vanem via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 16:04:16 +0100

Ishmart wrote:

> Newbie suggestion : to replace the word "string" with "pipe" in the docs for everything.curl, for better understanding
> from a layman perspective 😊
>
> It's in two places
>
> 1. Everything.Curl.Dev <http://Everything.Curl.Dev>
>    >Protocols
>    > Networking simplified
>    > Establish a connection
> ...The connection it wants to establish is called a TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) or QUIC connection, which is
> like connecting an invisible *string* between two computers.....
>

> 2. Everything.Curl.Dev <http://Everything.Curl.Dev>
>    >Protocols
>    > Networking simplified
>    > Transfer Data
> When the connected metaphorical *string* is attached to the remote computer.

I first thought it was a typo for "stream". Seems not.

A term like "string" (even used metaphorically) in connection with
Networking is rather "off the wall", I agree. Better use everyday words.
Or using a term like this, explain it before the first reference.
I.e. before "Establish a connection".

The .MD source is here:
   https://github.com/bagder/everything-curl/blob/master/protocols/network.md#transfer-data

--