cURL 8.6.0 not compiling CentOS 7

From: Scott Mutter via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 21:24:47 -0600

When compiling cURL on CentOS 7 I get the error:

  CC libcurl_la-version.lo
version.c: In function 'curl_version':
version.c:215:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'psl_check_version_number' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     int num = psl_check_version_number(0);
     ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [libcurl_la-version.lo] Error 1

I know PSL was made more of a requirement in 8.6.0, or at least has to be explicitly disabled.

I have both libspl and libpsl-devel packages installed.

Configure

./configure --with-libssh2 --with-openssl=/usr

doesn't throw a fuss.

Anybody else with CentOS 7 seeing anything similar?