Re: [Question / Feature Request] Sending data within WebSocket connection through curl CLI

From: Snusmumr1000 via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 10:43:48 +0100

> > I have recently compiled an experimental version of libcurl that enables
> > websockets, and I see that it works well when receiving data.
> >
> > However, I still can't find (or understand) if it is possible to send the
> > data within the established connection.
> >
> > A link to some documentation would be enough.
>
> Sure:
>
> https://curl.se/libcurl/c/curl_ws_send.html
>
> But there are also examples:
>
> https://curl.se/libcurl/c/websocket.html
>
> and
>
> https://curl.se/libcurl/c/websocket-cb.html
>
> Also: the curl-library is the mailing list for libcurl, which should be a
> better place if you have more questions about library stuff.

Hello Daniel,

Thank you so much for your response.

It's awesome that libcurl has this feature, it is also pretty helpful for
me.
However, my initial question was regarding curl CLI, not regarding the
library itself.
I wonder if curl CLI has such an ability to send WS messages to a server
interactively like in websocat CLI or in any other possible way.

Sorry for possible confusion in previous email,
Tikhon Zaikin