Configure a network camera

From: Tony Lombardo via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 12:12:10 +0000

This may be obvious to even the most casual observer, but I have tried every permutation I can think of and none of them worked. Attempting to use a simple bash script for network camera configuration.
I tried a couple times to escape the ampersand and so forth, it doesn't seem to like the syntax in general. I have other similar scripts that use different endpoints that work fine. Any suggestions are appreciated.

res=$(curl -s --anyauth --noproxy "*" -u root:"thisisthepassword" 123.456.0.78/axis-cgi/pwdgrp.cgi?action=add&user=operator&pwd="alsoapassword"&grp=operator)

echo "$res"

If anyone is truly interested, the instructions for what I am trying to do are located here:
https://www.axis.com/vapix-library/subjects/t10175981/section/t10036044/display
-     Under the "Add, modify and delete user accounts" section, example #1

Thanks all!
-Tony

--
Tony Lombardo