Re: feature request: support specifying Unix socket with systemd directive OpenFile=

From: Rich Gray via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:44:10 -0400

Erik Sjölund via curl-users wrote:

Instead of adding a -fd variant to each command, maybe a more generic
approach would be to have a syntax that indicates a filename is really an
fd. Something like an ampersand followed by the digits of fd number. (An
ampersand ('&') would require suitable command line escaping/quoting.) This
could be used with any command that recognizes the alternative syntax. A
favorite of mine would be -K, --config with an fd to hide command line
options when a program is driving curl.

-K '&3'
--config \&${config_fd}

> Regarding the user interface, a new command-line argument could be added
>
> For example:
> --unix-socket-fdname myfdname

--unix-socket \&${sock_fd}

> A side note: OpenFile= could also be used for opening normal files.
> In addition to the already existing command-line argument
> --proxy-cacert
> a new command-line argument
> --proxy-cacert-fdname myfdname
> could be added.