Re: curl/libssh2 ssh-rsa issue

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:10:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023, Joćo M. S. Silva via curl-users wrote:

> $ curl -vvvvvv -T A sftp://127.0.0.1//home/shared/B -u x:y

curl's -v option is binary. Using more than one doesn't do anything more.

> * Expire cleared (transfer 0x55e16c7a5638)
> curl: (79) Error in the SSH layer

> Is there a way, without writing custom code, to make curl/libssh2 output the
> specific reason for failure?

I consider it a bug that it doesn't say more. It really should, as that is
almost tauntingly brief and non-helpful.

It seems to be related to the setting of the host key type though since that's
what it shows immediately before the error.

Do you think there is a risk that your test run maybe accidentally used an
older libssh2 install?

Also, if you can, try this patch on top of your curl to maybe get a (better)
error message: https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/11240