RE: Is there anything for the outdated curl.exe? CVE-2022-43552

From: Bill Mercer via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 16:26:27 +0000

> > Also , if I install the latest version of CURL from
> > https://curl.se/windows/ , will it cause any problems?
>
> If you overwrite/delete the old one I suspect it might, yes.

MS considers their copy of curl to be part of the OS so updating it would require changing permissions and Defender will probably complain about it, but if you drop a newer version of curl in a folder that's higher in your path, it will run first. That's what I do.

It doesn't prevent someone from running the older version, so it's not really a security measure, but it's better than nothing.